Tuesday 21 February 2012

Teaser Tuesday (7)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! 
Just do the following:
                                                          

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


            ~

            Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium




"After the procedure I will be happy and safe forever. That's what everybody says, the scientists and my sister and Aunt Carol. I will have the procedure and then I'll be paired with a boy the evaluators choose for me. In a few years, we'll get married."

+

"No guy in his right mind would ever choose me when there are people like Hana in the world: it would be like settling for a stale cookie when what you really want is a big bowl of ice cream, whipped cream and cherries and chocolate sprinkles included."


~


I'm really enjoying this book so far! :) Not really sure if I like this cover though... I love the blue hardback cover and the US version!




5 comments :

  1. Oh, I can't wait to read Delirium! I have it on my Kindle, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it :( Thanks for the teaser though!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've been dying to read it for ages and ages! :D I had a Kindle copy too, but I wanted the actual book :) I'll let you know what it's like! No problem :) Thanks, I'll follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a good book. And I agree I'm not super down with this cover. Lena... (it's Lena right? It's been awhile lol)... looks like she's 11. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to read this book. And I agree that this cover isn't as good as the other two. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Lena aha :) Exactly! She's supposed to be 17/18 and she does look about 11, it's not right :/ No problem!
    Everyone's been talking about it, so I thought it was about time I started it :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...