Friday 6 April 2012

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Goodreads: Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.



(I read this on my Kindle, so it was the old cover. I just couldn't resist using the new one!)

Pages: 287 Publisher: Entangled Release Date: November 29th 2011 Source: Bought Cover: 10/10 ;)

Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US | TBD 


My Review:

So having read Half-Blood by Jennifer, I just KNEW that I would HAVE to read her new series starting with Obsidian. And it did not disappoint! :D Katy is the main character and I really liked her. She was a Book Blogger so she was obviously very relatable, she takes part in ‘Waiting on Wednesday’s’ and ‘In My Mailbox’s’ which I thought was very cool! :) She’s also very stubborn, determined, head strong and feisty. Daemon is the hottie in Obsidian! Jennifer has officially made aliens hot! :)

There is A LOT of banter going on between Daemon and Katy in Obsidian which will definitely make you laugh out loud. I obviously have to mention Dee as well, Daemon’s sister who is so sweet, she’s a lovely character. Katy and Daemon have a lot of chemistry and there are definitely some hot scenes :) It’s very obvious that Daemon starts to care for Katy and that she cares for him too. They are very well developed and feel very real.

The plot was amazing. Countless twists and turns left me hanging and not knowing what was coming next. I was shocked numerous times! The ending will leave you gasping for more! I can’t wait for Onyx the second one :D

Overall, this book is amazing! If you haven’t started reading this yet, you should go and get it now! It won’t disappoint!

5 out of 5 stars.



6 comments :

  1. Yes! I found the whole book blogging thing a great way to relate to Katy.

    And yes. Daemon IS a hortie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book and I actually prefer the old cover, I know the majority of people prefer the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's amazing! :D Do you really? The old cover was nice, but I think I prefer this one :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I don't know why, I just really like the old one, I think I'm the only one, hee!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous review Steph :) !!
    I have a copy of this book on my shelves and I really can't wait to start reading it .. I also need to read Half-Blood soon :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally loved Half-Blood and I definitely need to read this soon! It sounds beyond awesome! And the fact that the MC is a book blogger? Genius. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...