Monday 13 February 2012

Review: After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel


   


After Obsession

After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel

Pages: 305 Publisher: Bloomsbury Release Date: September 13th 2011 Source: Review Cover: 8/10

Goodreads:
Aimee and Alan have secrets. Both teens have unusual pasts and abilities they prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other, in a cold Maine town, they can't stop their secrets from spilling out. Strange things have been happening lately, and they both feel that something-or someone- is haunting them. They're wrong. Despite their unusual history and powers, it's neither Aimee nor Alan who is truly haunted. It's Alan's cousin Courtney who, in a desperate plea to find her missing father, has invited a demon into her life-and into her body. Only together can Aimee and Alan exorcise the ghost. And they have to move quickly, before it devours not just Courtney but everything around her.

My Review:
After Obsession started off a bit slow for me at first however it definitely sped up! The tension which develops throughout this story is enough to suffocate you! It has a very eerie feel to it which makes After Obsession a scary read! 

The main characters Aimee and Alan were easy to get along with, they were just like normal teenagers trying to take on the world J It definitely helps that the narrative is split into Aimee’s point of view and Alan’s point of view, as they each have different perspectives on situations. Their relationship progressed at a normal rate as well which I thought was good as it’s more realistic. Sometimes the whole ‘love at first sight’ thing can be so unrealistic. They were very sweet together and I thought they matched well.

The bad events start happening quite early such as with Blake -Aimee’s ex boyfriend and I enjoyed that as it keeps you hooked from the beginning. It was definitely creepy what happened to Courtney! I would not like that at all! It was like watching a scene from the Exorcist nearer the end where they have to strap her to the bed and she is thrashing around talking in a low, deep voice!! 

The plot was a bit predictable as I could guess what was going to happen nearer the end, but overall I enjoyed After Obsession and thought it was a really good read! 

3 out of 5 stars.






2 comments :

  1. I've been interested in this book, but have held off really making a point of reading it because I'm not a huge fan of the Need series. I do however like alternating viewpoints, especially between the two main characters and I like that their relationship isn't instantaneous. I too find that a bit unrealistic. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this one... still a bit undecided, but at least I know a bit more about it :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Need series so this was the first book that I'd read from Carrie Jones. Yeah I agree with you, I think a relationship definitely needs time to grow. No problem! :) It's a good book and there was so much hype around it, but it didn't really grab me as much as I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...