Tuesday 28 February 2012

Review: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


                                           Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer

 Pages: 480  Publisher: Atom  Release Date: July 26th 2011  Source: Gift  Cover: 9/10


Goodreads:
She can control her pack, but not her heart ... 

'I wanted him to kiss me-wished he could smell the desire that I knew was pouring off me. You can't, Calla. This boy isn't the one for you.' 

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: graduation, marriage and then a life leading her pack. But when she defies her masters' laws to save a human boy, she must choose. Is one boy worth losing everything?


My Review:
'I wanted him to kiss me-wished he could smell the desire that I knew was pouring off me. You can't, Calla. This boy isn't the one for you.' 

I bought Nightshade on a bit of whim really. I was bought a Gift Card (woohoo!) and I was looking for a different book which wasn’t in the shop so I decided to get Nightshade instead as I’ve heard it was amazing. This turned out to be a very good decision! I mean come on, look at the teaser! How could you not want to read it? 

Nightshade left me hooked from the very beginning. There were countless twists and turns that I didn’t expect and I was guessing throughout. It’s quite a big book -480 pages but I finished this in a day, it was THAT good. The writing flowed effortlessly, it was so easy to read. 

Calla was easy to get along with, she was strong, determined, feisty, everything that’s good about a character. Yes, she has worries and doubts and that makes her more realistic. I actually liked Ren, but not as much as Shay. I liked Shay a lot better (I can‘t be the only one, can I?) even though Ren does sacrifice a lot for Calla which shows how much he does truly love her so I can see how they’d probably be a better match together. Ren is the more confident, cocky, gets-around guy whereas Shay is more caring, sensitive, exciting and brave. I enjoyed reading about all the characters, especially about uncovering the secrets of why certain characters acted in a certain way (Yes, I’m talking about Sabine). 

I really really enjoyed Nightshade and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series if they carry on as good as this! 

Overall 5 out of 5 stars.



Buy From: Amazon UK | US | TBD

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...