Friday 10 February 2012

Review: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa



The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

Pages: 361  Publisher: MiraInk  Release Date: October 26th 2011  Source: Review Cover: 10/10 ;)

Goodreads:
Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.

Unless he can earn a soul.
 

To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought. 

Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive. 

With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side. 

To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale. 

And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.


My Review:
I can't believe that I only discovered Julie Kagawa last year! Her books are simply amazing in every way and The Iron Knight definitely lives up to this. I’ve heard that it initially wasn’t going to happen, so I’m so glad that Julie did write it! I love this series so much! Plus, I’m glad we finally got a cover with Ash on it ;) 


It was so great to see through Ash’s eyes and perspective, it certainly opened up a whole new view on everything! Plus, because I’m Team Ash - although I do like Puck as well - I loved going through the whole adventure with him. 

You meet some very exciting and new characters along the way - Wolf was introduced who was fun to read about and how the more stories are told about him the more powerful and immortalised he becomes. All the usual characters are there as well -Grimalkin, I really enjoy reading about Grim, he’s really been there to help all the characters and he’s mischievous! Puck was also there -yay! I really like Puck, he’s funny, I adore his sarcasm, it makes me laugh so much! Plus, I love how he is strong enough to still love Meghan even though he knows that she will always love Ash more. 

The plot was definitely not predictable in ANY way! I was guessing throughout the whole book, and believe me, there are some major shockers! It was heartbreaking to read in some parts -especially Ash’s dream about his human life! I’ll admit maybe I did shed a few tears or so… And it shows how amazing this book truly is! It shows how strong Ash is willing to go, in order to get a human soul to be able to be with Meghan and the extremes that are thrown at him from all angles. 

There are definitely some bromance moments between Ash and Puck and this was really cute! I really enjoyed how it had gone from them being complete enemies, to being friends (even if they didn’t want to admit it!) I could gush about this book all day, but seriously, it’s amazing and you should read it now if you haven’t already. The Iron series is one that will live with you after you close the last page. 

Overall 5 out of 5 stars!




2 comments :

  1. Aaahhh Iron Fey series, *dreamy eyes* I loved this series forever! Hmmm Im TeamPuck, but I also love Ash too! I just wish Julie and all other authors out there could make a hero with this combination! Perfect!

    Great review girl!

    By the way, I couldn't help but notice your header is not centered, shame if you wont put it in the middle, its such a beautiful header. :) here I can give you a trick if you want..

    Go to Design> Template Designer>Advanced>Add Css> then enter this code:

    #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}
    #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

    Once you pasted that code make sure you press ENTER then you click APPLY TO BLOG then voila! Let me know if it worked fine, drop me a line on my blog,:) cheers!x
    ✿FICBOOKREVIEWS✿

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely Team Ash, although I love Puck too! :)
    Thank you! :D That definitely helped! :) It was annoying me for ages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...