Wednesday 18 January 2012

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare



Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare

Pages: 496  Published: 6th December 2011  Publisher: Walker Books Source: Bought

Goodreads:
The situation at the London Institute has never been more precarious. With Mortmain and his clockwork army still threatening, the Council wants to strip Charlotte of her power and hand the running of the Enclave over to the unscrupulous and power-hungry Benedict Lightwood. 

In the hope of saving Charlotte and the Institute, Will, Jem, and Tessa set out to unravel the secrets of Mortmain’s past—and discover unsettling Shadowhunter connections that hold the key not only to the enemy’s motivations, but also to the secret of Tessa’s identity. Tessa, already caught between the affections of Will and Jem, finds herself with another choice to make when she learns how the Shadowhunters helped make her a “monster.” Will she turn from them to her brother, Nate, who has been begging her to join him at Mortmain’s side? Where will her loyalties—and love—lie? Tessa alone can choose to save the Shadowhunters of London…or end them forever.


My Review:
Well, what can you say about ‘Clockwork Prince’ apart from… it’s absolutely AMAZING!!! READ IT RIGHT NOW! Cassandra Clare can seriously do no wrong in my eyes! She is one of -if not- my favourite author and I seriously devoured this book!

Every single character developed much much more than Clockwork Angel, particularly Will -can I please say dghjdkghdd??!!! His reason for his behaviour broke my heart. I was a die hard Will fan in the first book although his attitude was horrendous towards Tessa. In this book however, I saw Jem in a whole new light. I really enjoyed reading the parts he was in. I was surprised at a certain *cough* scene! I never thought he would be like that! So, it’s made me even more torn than ever now! I thought I was a die-hard Will fan but I really like Jem now! I enjoyed how Tessa developed throughout - particularly when a certain someone dies- I thought that was really tough. 
Plus, Jessamine I kind of feel really sorry for her, even though she did bring the whole situation on herself, but she truly believed that she loved Nathaniel and that he loved her back and that was quite sad to read.

The storyline! Oh, the twists and turns left me guessing right until the very end! I was shocked on one page, then laughing on the next, then crying… etc. Everyone must have thought I looked crazy but oh well! It was worth it! I loved it! It really makes me yearn for the 19th century! The whole atmosphere and surroundings that Clare develops make it all seem so real and tangible. 
Plus, can I just say.. That last page nearly killed me. No joke. I was in a mixture of emotions, I want -no, NEED, Clockwork Princess right now. Also, that scene, yes you know what I’m talking about with Will and Tessa! It was so heart wrenching, I felt so so so sorry for Will and Tessa! I just wanted everything to work out and for it to be a nice little happy ever after, but no. Wishful thinking on my part. 

I got the Collector’s First Edition and I loved the extras! Burning Bright was really interesting to read and Will’s letter!!! Amazing. 

I absolutely loved Clockwork Prince and everyone needs to read this book right now. It’s simply amazing. I thought it was much better than Clockwork Angel -which I didn’t think was possible. 

10 out of 5 stars!! ;)  okay.. 5 out of 5 stars overall.






1 comment :

  1. Now, aside from that, the book itself is truly spectacular. Never dull even for a second. It has it all: Action, romance, betrayal, heart-break. I loved every single bit of it, even when it made my heart ache.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...