Friday 8 June 2012

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber


Easy by Tammara Webber
Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: May 25th 2012
Cover Love: 8/10
Source: Bought
Add to: Goodreads

Goodreads: When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life. 
Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email. Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more. 


My Review:
Easy is the perfect contemporary read! This is the first book I've read from Tammara Webber, but it will definitely not be the last. I have Between the Lines and can't wait to start it. The writing style just flows effortlessly, I finished this book very quickly and I'm sure you will too. This book is recommended for older teens as there is sexual content and swearing in it. 

The characters are very likeable and I got along with the protagonist, Jacqueline very well. She is just a normal girl who has her faults and behaves in a realistic way to getting dumped. It was very refreshing to see her develop over time and become her own person. 
Lucas is the main guy in Easy and I loved him! What we learn about him over time is so heartbreaking, I just want to give him a hug. Plus, he's so sexy! ;D There is a major twist involving him too! There is a lot of sexual tension between Lucas and Jacqueline and there are some steamy scenes!
Kennedy seemed like a bit of an idiot to be honest, although he does genuinely care for Jacqueline, he should have been honest with her in the start. 
Jacqueline's friends were very funny, particularly Erin. She just behaves exactly the way any girl does. All of the characters felt very realistic and I enjoyed reading about most of them. Buck is the guy I did not get along with -understandably, if you've read it you know what I'm talking about. Buck is horrible and slimy and creepy and you'll definitely not like him in Easy. 

Easy deals with very real and tough subjects in a mature way and I'm glad it's done this, as it does happen in real life and there is a moral at the end of the story to tell somebody and not to be afraid. The pace of Easy was very fast, I read it quickly because I just wanted to know more. 

Easy is amazing and you should definitely pick it up today. You'll fall in love with Lucas and laugh along with Jacqueline and Erin. A real page turner that's unputdownable. 

5 out of 5 stars.




7 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you loved it! I'm posting my review next week, and I just adored this book and its healthy approach to all the issues the main characters faced. Will be reading more of this author for sure ;) Thank you for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! :D Cool, I'll take a look when it's up! I will too! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, so glad you liked this one. I've been dying to read it and it does sound amazing. Great review. Donna xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that Lucas is good to read. Thanks for review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first read from this author, and I am definitely drawn to read her other works!
    The subject matter is heavy, but it doesn't feel heavy because it doesn't come from a place of condemnation, but rather reality. Tammara took great care in the reality of these difficult situations in a college setting; what friends think/do, what bystanders think/do, and what the Greek community thinks/does.

    The friendships were honest and felt real, without being overwhelming. The language used was fantastic. Sure there was a fair amount of cursing and otherwise colorful language but, again, that's the reality- not the airbrushed version. The vernacular is current, popular, and amusing. I laughed out loud many times, remembering my own college experience not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book really made me feel so many things. I was captivated and elated; enthralled and enticed; frustrated and hurt; heartbroken and disgusted, and it literally had me crying for Lucas. He seriously is not who you think he is by just looking at him. Oh the picture of him in my head is divine and I want him all to myself. Oh man, he really can do no wrong in my book and the fact that he is an artist too...oh dear lord he seriously sent me into a frenzy LoL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...