Wednesday 20 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (11)





Hey guys!  Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release we are greatly anticipating! :)



Burn For Burn by Jenny Han + Siobhan Vivian
Release Date:
 September 18th 2012
Goodreads:
BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY... THEY GET EVEN. Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister. Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay. Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him. Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.



Taken by Erin Bowman
Release Date: April 16th 2013
Goodreads: 
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone. They call it the Heist. Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive. Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?


Erasing Time by C.J.Hill
Release Date: August 28th 2012
Goodreads:
In this high-action and romantic futuristic adventure, there is no escape from the future for two contemporary girls pulled out of their own time.
When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that’s so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can’t go back home.
 The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The moblike Dakine fights against the government, and somehow Taylor and Sheridan find themselves in the middle. 
The only way to elude them all is to trust Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city. 



These are the books I'm waiting for this week, what about you? :)
 

18 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I know yeah! I'll take a look now.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! I CAN'T wait for Burn for Burn to be released! I NEED to get my hands on that book pronto, I can't physically wait until SEPTEMBER!!!! Fab picks this week, Steph - hope you get a chance to read them soon :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so good! :D Thank you! I'll take a look now :)

      Delete
  3. I really can't wait for Burn For Burn, its definitely one of my most wanted books. Erasing Time sounds cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Burn For Burn, its one of my most wanted books, Erasing Time sounds cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound amazing! I'm excited for all of them, but Taken sounds particularly interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) So am I aha! It does, I love the cover too. No problem!

      Delete
  6. Why haven't I heard of Erasing Time??? The cover and blurb are AMAZING, and it comes out in August!!! Both glad that I saw this and annoyed that it sounds so good and that I'll have to wait. :)


    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three of these look STUNNING!! I love all the covers, and C J Hill is one of my favorite writers!! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, love the covers!! I haven't read anything by C.J.Hill yet! Want to though :)

      Delete
  8. You've got some amazing books there! I might have to keep an eye out for them!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Burn for Burn either :D The other two sound pretty awesome as well and I've now added them to my to-read list :P

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds really good! :D hehe okay :D No problem!

      Delete
  10. The way you put those covers, that's exactly the order in which I am looking forward for those three books. Awesome choice =D

    Here's my WoW post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...