Monday 26 September 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa


Pages: 359 Release Date: April 15th 2011 Publisher: Mira Books Source: Friend

Goodreads:

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My review:

I really really enjoyed ‘The Iron Daughter.’ The series just keeps getting better and better in my opinion!

I particularly liked how much more of the setting took place in the Winter Court (Tir Na Nog) as I didn’t get to see a lot of this from the previous book. Everything was richly described and felt so effortless. Julie Kagawa is an absolutely amazing author! She makes you feel as if you are in the environment she has described.

The characters are developed a lot more in ‘The Iron Daughter’ and are introduced to some new characters. I really did not get along with Ash at the beginning of the story, but that soon changes and you realise his motives.
I felt like Meghan matured a lot in this story, much more than ‘The Iron King’ which is a very good thing. I also enjoyed how we got to see a lot more from Puck (in a more romantic way), as I felt it was important to view his side, although I’m team Ash ;)

The plot was as amazing as always! It kept me hooked from the very first page to the very last. There were some unexpected surprises thrown in, so was not predictable in any way. I loved all the sarcastic comments they will actually make you laugh out loud! :)

Recommend to everyone! Although, it’s probably important that you read ‘The Iron King’ before this one.

5 out of 5 stars.

2 comments :

  1. Definitely a book to look up then, I do love a pretty cover. Hopping from BSN.
    creationsesmeralda.blogspot.com
    sciencesosexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm your newest follower - following back from Pen to Paper :) I really hope you like my blog! Make sure you enter my giveaway for Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris :)

    I have the first of this series to read, but I've been saving it for a rainy day! I think I may have to bump it up the to-read pile after your shining review of this one!

    :) Dani @ Pen to Paper

    P.s. would you consider doing a button swap? I'll add yours to my blog, if you do the same for me? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...