Monday 25 July 2011

Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


Pages: 443 Release Date: November 13th 2008 Publisher: Razorbill Source: Library


Goodreads synopsis:

Is Rose’ fate to kill the person she loves most? It’s springtime at St. Vladimir’s Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason’s death, Rose hasn’t been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can’t concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret . . . .She’s in love with Dimitri. And this time, it’s way more than a crush.
Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever…...

My Review:

4.5 stars/5 stars.

I loved it! It’s much better than the previous two in my opinion. Shadow Kiss is much darker than the predecessors.

Shadow Kiss was packed with action! I liked the plot in this one much more than the others. It was fast paced and had me on my toes.

All of the characters developed and relationships changed, particularly between Rose and Mia, Dimitri and Rose, Lissa and Rose and many more. I liked how Mason had his own little part in the story because I thought he was a good character. It also captures Roses’ vulnerability which made her character feel more real.

There are some seriously heart wrenching moments in this book! :( In my copy there was a little snippet of ‘Blood Promise’ and I cannot wait to find out what happens! I’m devouring these books!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...