Friday 6 April 2012

Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell


Goodreads: Bloodlust. Magic. Forbidden secrets. When Savannah Colbert returns to school after a mystery illness, the fact that she has changed is clear to everyone. None more so than every school girls golden boy Tristan Coleman. Ever since their first kiss in fourth grade, Savannah and Tristan have been cruelly and inexplicably banned from associating with each other. Now, as the pair navigate the tricky social life of high school, the truth is about to be revealed. As Savannah learns of their paranormal ancestry and Tristan deals with the repercussions of her new powers, the relationship they have been denied for so long becomes utterly irresistible and all consuming. Like Romeo and Juliet centuries before them, Savannah and Tristan’s love is destined to fail; and Tristan’s powerful magical family, the Clann, are watching.

Pages:
416 Publisher: MiraInk Release Date: April 6th 2012 Source: Publisher Cover: 9/10

Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US | TBD


My Review:

 Crave was an interesting read. I enjoyed how the narrative was split, so the reader could hear both Tristan’s and Savannah’s thoughts and emotions, I’m a fan of those so that was good! The characters were well developed, they all had their little problems which gave them more depth. Even the secondary characters had their own little personalities, from Greg to Annie. Although I am a bit tired of how all the ‘bully’ characters are stereotypically blonde. I really enjoyed how the girl was the vampire and the guy was the witch, I thought that was interesting!

 The love side of the story progressed very well. Everyone must know by now that I’m a huge fan of forbidden romances and Crave delivered! The passion between the two of them felt very real, there was also a very sweet feeling about it all as they remembered ‘getting married’ when they were younger. As Savannah was the only girl who was forbidden to Tristan, it made sense that he would go after the one thing he couldn’t/wasn’t allowed to have. I enjoyed how they dream connected, I thought that was pretty cool!

There were definitely some twists in the plot which left me hanging, but some of it was predictable. Whilst I was reading I was kind of wishing for the book to finish earlier than what it did and I don’t really like feeling like that. The beginning was good and the ending picked up again, but in the middle it kind of dipped a bit
and didn’t leave me excited to read on, which I was a bit disappointed with.

Overall, I did enjoy reading Crave and I’d probably read the next one - Covet, but unfortunately it just didn’t grab me.

3 out of 5 stars.





* Thank you to MIRAInk for sending me a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

6 comments :

  1. It's a shame you didn't love it, but thank you for the review! The cover is so pretty(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was hoping it would be a bit better but I still thought it was good! :) It's gorgeous isn't it!

      Delete
  2. I didn't really like it much myself, it was just way to long! I'm not sure i'll read the next one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. I feel like it could have been much shorter and it would have been a lot better :/

      Delete
  3. I've had this one to read for a while now, but I've seen so many middling reviews that I'm just not excited about it anymore. But I do like a split narrative and a forbidden romance so maybe I will enjoy this.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read, so don't let it put you off! :) The romance was great, I enjoyed it :) Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...