Friday 18 May 2012

From the Review Pile (2)



From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review, but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

This week I am going to showcase:

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Some summers are just destined to be pretty.

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along 

(I really want to read this, but I'm saving it for my holiday as I think it'll make a great summer read!)

Add to: Goodreads 


14 comments :

  1. This sounds like a good contemporary read! :D Be sure to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I thought too! :) It'll be a nice break from all the dystopia! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I need to read this too - I've only heard rave reviews for the trilogy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've heard the series is really good! :) I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

      Delete
  3. I have read this and its lovely, I am confident you will really like it, I think you are doing the right thing saving it for your summer holidays, its the perfect summer read! Drama, cute boys, a nice setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you like it! :) A lot of people have told me how good they all are. Yeah, it sounds like it'll be the perfect choice! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhh I love this series :) !! You so have to read this one soon Steph ;) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to take it with me on holiday, so I'll read it then! :) Excited!

      Delete
  5. This book is AWESOME! :) I just got the second one last week and I'm saving it for a few weeks so I can read it during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, glad to hear it! :) Yeah they seem like really good summer books! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds like the perfect summer read!! I am in love/obsessed with your blog.

    New follower here :)

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, I agree! :) Awww thank you! That's very sweet :D

      Delete
  7. This definitely looks like the perfect summer read. I've heard lots of good things about this one- hope you enjoy it when you get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :) Thank you, I'm sure I will! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...