Thursday 17 May 2012

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Publisher:
HarperCollins
Release Date: 20th May 2012
Cover Love: 10/10
Add to:
Goodreads

Goodreads: What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil. Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

My Review:

When I first heard about Sweet Evil, I knew instantly that it would definitely be interesting to read about, come on, teenagers whose lives depend on being bad influences to others around them? I finished this last night- 3AM to be exact and it did not disappoint! :) 

I'd recommend this book to older teenagers as there is drug taking and a bit of sexual content. I love how it jumps straight into the action. When I first started reading Sweet Evil, I thought Anna seemed to be almost too good. She wouldn't let loose and seemed quite reserved, but I like how she develops as she learns who she truly is and loosens up more and lets herself have fun. I liked how she speaks her mind and is just generally a good hearted person -although this does get her into serious trouble near the end of the book! Read it! ;)

Kaidan (pronounced Ky-dan rhymes with Thai) gets a whole paragraph to himself because he is HOTT! ;D He is British, a drummer in a band and is the son of the Duke of Lust. Hello!? What could be better than this? There are some very hot steamy scenes which happen with him and Anna. This book is full of sexual tension! They both want each other but I think Kaidan is scared to be with her, as she is so good and innocent and he is used to sleeping with girls and leaving them. I'm going to sound like a total groupie, but I want my own Kaidan! :D 

What I thought was interesting was the whole hierarchy and the different types of demons and angels. Each teenager in the book has a Duke for a father who represents one of the deadly sins. Anna's is the Duke of Substance Abuse, Kaidan's is the Duke of Lust and some of other characters we meet along the way are envy, wrath and adultery. I've never read something like this before, so it was great to read something new and fresh!

I really enjoyed meeting some of the other characters, particularly Kope (Kopano), Blake, Ginger, Marna, Jay and Patti they all had their own piece in the story and it was interesting to discover their back stories and have their characters revealed more. It was especially interesting how they all 'worked' and it was their job to wreck havoc. There are twists and turns that will leave you shocked and gasping! The ending is so good but I NEED the next book NOW! 

Sweet Evil is devilishly good and will capture you completely. Read this book now! 

5 out of 5 stars overall.



9 comments :

  1. Glad you loved this one! I've been hearing so much about it added it to my wishlist, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Thank you! Hope you love it! :D

      Delete
  2. I've ordered this and cannot wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a copy of Sweet Evil two weeks ago and I've been dying to read it ever since :) !! I've not read a single bad review on this book .. Fabulous review Steph :) ! Can't wait to meet Kaidan too;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO good! I know you'll love it! You'll be dying to get your hands on the 2nd one straight after! Aw, thank you! :) hehe, he's such a hottie :D I <3 him!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I've been looking forward to reading it as well but wasn't sure how it would pan out. Thanks for the great review.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was amazing! Although now I'm dying for the second one! :D Hope you enjoy it! No problem! :)

      Delete
  5. This one has been on my radar for awhile. After reading your review I really want to go back to the store and buy it. I decided to feature this review in this week's Harley Bear Post (my blog's e-newspaper) so maybe others who were on the fence about it will try it too.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...