Wednesday 30 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)




Hey guys!  Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release we are greatly anticipating! :)

Goodreads: “One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.” 
 The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself? A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


-This sounds so cute and the perfect summer read! I love the cover too! Can't wait for this.
 Release Date: June 14th 2012



Goodreads: In a city of daimons, the Carnival of Souls hosts a deadly competition. Once in a generation, every citizen can fight to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures—if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live. In our own world, Mallory knows that her father—and every other witch—fled the daimons’ city long ago. She trains to be lethal because it’s only a matter of time until the daimons catch up with them. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans there for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence that is the Carnival of Souls.



-Just look at this cover! :O Wow. This sounds so good!
Release Date: September 4th 2012



Goodreads: Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories. Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

-This sounds so good! Can't wait for this to be released!
 Release Date: April 2013



 These are the books I'm waiting for this week, what about you?

10 comments :

  1. Great picks! I'm waiting on My Life Next Door and The Program too! I can't wait til they're released. Especially The Program :P

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I can't wait for them either, they're gonna be good!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I can't wait for My Life Next Door! It looks so good. The Program looks interesting too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me either! :) I'll take a look now :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for My Life Next Door too! Seems like a perfect contemporary read. I've heard about the little brother George. So cute! <3

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I can't wait to read it! :)

      Delete
  4. THE PROGRAM. I'd never heard of it - now I have - and I'm definitely pining! Also, My Life Next Door looks adorable! :D

    GREAT share! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O Really? Glad I showed it to you then :D I agree! Love the cover!

      Delete
  5. Great picks Steph :) !! I can't wait for My Life Next Door either and The Program sounds great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I agree, cannot wait for them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...